Friday, November 9, 2007

do the can can!


People are always telling me "you can't"
I tell my mother I plan to live a bazaar life
filled with acrobats, talking grasshoppers, and hot air baloons
and she says "you can't!"

I wear tights with lace ups and hippie dress
and people look at me as if to say
"you can't wear something like that
in Hawaii!!"

Shouldn't I be the ONE to tell myself what
I can and cannot do?

I say push past the icy stares
and as someone once said
"let those beautiful things of your soul
be caressed out into the open"

If I knew where the woman who said this lived
I would make an apple pie for her.

To sail the glittering sea
with no one but the whales, and wrasses??
I CAN
to softly chew the delicious hours of the day?
I CAN
to one day be the one on the bare stage
with a whole symphony playing just for me?
I CAN CAN CAN!!

freedom is only a flight away...

INDIGO

1 comment:

Jo said...

I know you can!!!
we can almost do anything if we fight for it!
I love this post!
we need to be true to ourselfs and belive in our hearts!

WE CAN!!!
hehe:)

xoxo
Jo